Unwedge V4.0 Update History
Version 4.020 - July 11 2017 [Download]
- Now supports high dpi graphics cards.
- Fix crash when mouse is over Recent File menu item and recent documents history is disabled with group policy.
- Added Windows 10 detection to tech support dialog.
Version 4.019 - June 22 2017
- Fix for end wedgdes and probability and scaling.
- Fix for bolts and wedge intersection.
Version 4.018 - May 16 2017
- Fixed and improved end wedge computation in probabilistic mode.
Version 4.017 - November 21 2016
- Fixed a crash in scatter plot generation of probabilistic analysis data.
- Updated Help. Probabilistic tutorials now consistent with program.
Version 4.016 - October 27 2016
- New Feature: Can now define an out of plane bolt angle when defining a pattern.
- Fix for shear strength with Barton-Bandis shear strength models with the normal stress extremely close (epsilon) to zero.
- Fix for passive bolts and joint planes in tension.
- Fix for "simplify boundary" crash on opening section after a geometry cleanup operation.
- Added right-click menu for "simplify boundary".
Version 4.015 - October 13 2016
- Fixed an issue with bolt intersection introduced in last update.
Version 4.014 - August 17 2016
- Added geometry cleanup dialog, and now performing geometry cleanup after dxf import.
- Bug fix for bolts. Bolts on a vertex didn't intersect properly.
- The system default browser now opens the Help.
Version 4.013 - June 1 2016
- Improved scaling function.
- Added scaling options dialog.
Version 4.012 - April 1 2016
- Now supports import of data from Dips 7 files.
- Fixed a crash when changing project settings, and a view is active that is no longer supported by the new project settings.
Version 4.011 - February 29 2016
- Improved scaling so that it works better with probabilistic models.
- Improved probabilistic analyses to better handle scaled wedges.
- Improved the scatter plot for probabilistic models. Now plot all wedges associated with the tunnel segment(s) picked.
- Selecting a wedge from the scatter plot now displays a 3D wedge view making it easier to see the selected wedge.
- Improved the Excel output from the combination analysis. There is a new Excel sheet containing all the wedge data from all combinations.
- The combination analysis associated with one particular wedge (roof, floor, etc.) now works correctly. It goes by location, not wedge ID.
- Can now pick any individual wedge in the combination analysis, not just from the currently selected combination.
- A new options dialog has been added to the combination analysis.
- Added trace length and wedge location to the combination analysis Excel output.
- Better filtering in the combination analysis.
- Fix for epsilon issues when installing bolts/shotcrete with certain geometry.
Version 4.010 - February 3 2016
- Fix for epsilon issues when installing bolts/shotcrete with certain geometry.
Version 4.009 - November 25 2015
- Combination analyzer now outputs critical wedge information when exporting to Excel.
- Software now looks for all usable licenses on all usable license servers.
Version 4.008 - June 15 2015
- Units bug fix when exporting to excel.
- Program might hang when doing probabilistic analysis with field stress and pore pressure grid.
- Histogram fix for missing values.
- Cumulative fix for maximum value.
- Create deterministic option in File menu now supports pore pressure grids.
- Computation of support pressure improvements.
Version 4.007 - April 27 2015
- Filtering of bad wedges is improved.
- Can now filter out wedges by apex angle.
- Export to Excel of probabilistic models improved.
- A bug which caused a crash when moving an entire excavation with bolts was fixed.
- Improved interpolation speed when using pore pressure grids.
- Fixed a bug with bad water pressure grid interpolants.
- Now filters out negative pore pressures from water pressure grids.
- Program now warns if using thin plate spline interpolation and very large numbers of points (>200).
Version 4.006 - April 13 2015
- Probabilistic files with stress and/or water pressure grids would sometimes crash. Fixed.
- Turning on contours of stress would inadvertantly reset probabilistic analyses. Fixed.
Version 4.005 - March 24 2015
- Crashing in trend/plunge/optimization view, with view type combo not correctly set. Fixed.
Version 4.004 - February 10 2015
- Fixed a bug in the combination analyzer that would cause it to crash.
- Added a combination analyzer toolbar button.
Version 4.003 - January 28 2015
- Fixed a number of bugs with the advanced location dependent scaling for probabilistic analyses.
- The Advanced location dependant scaling is now the default for probabilistic analyses.
- A bug fix for Scatter plots for multiple segments picked when one of the datasets is factor of safety.
- When selecting a tunnel segment in the probability view, it is now highlighted in the 3D view. There is a display option to turn this off.
- Fixed a bug with selecting segments and graphing when end wedges aren't computed with probability.
- Wedges with apex height less than 1cm or 0.01 inches are now automatically filtered out.
- A file reading bug was fixed.
- 3D view text is no longer shown when a segment is picked in the probability view.
- A crash when picking input versus output data with all combinations mode in a probabilistic analysis.
Version 4.002 - December 11 2014
- Beta 2 release.
- Can now define a tunnel length in the input data.
- Support wouldn't be recreated when opening section was moved. Fixed.
- Fixed Export to Excel for failed wedges.
- Edit coordinates now checks all geometry rules properly.
- Delete vertices would sometimes crash if ground surface was non-existent.
- Field stress button now on toolbar.
- Major speed improvements to probability file saving/loading.
- Statistical information wasn't being cleared properly, causing slow save/loads. Fixed.
- Checks now in place for any existing or in-use stats variables before computing.
- Simplify, scale, and rotate boundary options added.
- Minimum values weren't showing properly in probability view. Fixed.
- Show only picked wedge information in info pane.
- Added "Simplify Boundary" functionality.
- Statistics results weren't deleting properly. Fixed.
- Polyline tools and polygon tools weren't importing by dxf properly. Fixed.
- Better layout of wedge information in Info Viewer.
Version 4.001 - December 1 2014
- Beta release.
Version 3.024 - May 29 2014
- Printing now includes end wedge data if they are turned on.
Version 3.023 - October 16 2013
- Can now export to excel from the combination analyzer. There is a button in the dialog.
- Can now export to excel (right-click menu) from the Chart View of the Tunnel Axis Plot.
- Can now plot Apex Height in the Tunnel Axis Plot.
Version 3.022 - October 8 2013
- Dips 6 support for importing joint sets.
- Google Chrome support was broken by a Chrome update. Reverting help to use IE.
Version 3.021 - September 20 2013
- Updated Help system to support Google Chrome and IE10.
Version 3.020 - November 19 2011
- Online Help would now launch in Internet Explorer if Google Chrome is the default browser. The online help does not properly work in Google Chrome.
- A rare bug would result in scaled wedges with huge volumes, much larger than the unscaled wedge.
Version 3.019 - March 1 2011
- Fixed a bug when scaling wedges. By default when scaling wedges, Unwedge should determine the maximum volume wedge that meets the scaling criteria. Under certain situations, this did not happen and a smaller wedge would be computed.
Version 3.018 - March 29 2010
- Added Apex Angle as a method of sorting in the combination analyzer.
Version 3.017 - September 29 2009
- Fixed the problem when using Copy to Clipboard from End Support Designer. The end wedges did not show up on the copied image. The only workaround was to use Print Screen or Export Image.
Version 3.016 - July 7 2009
- Under rare circumstances the clipboard would be corrupted. Fixed.
- Excel charting of multiple datasets would sometimes not work with Excel 2007.
- Security system update to allow for educational updates and improve commercial network version.
- A new option has been added to set the water pressure to zero on the excavation surface for gravity water pressures. This is to model the zero water pressure condition at the tunnel face if drainage is allowed.
- Export image now works on Vista.
- Added warning when ratio of the excavation coordinates to the excavation dimensions is too large. Warning appears after adding an excavation boundary either manually or from a DXF.
- Apex angle is now computed correctly according to the description in the help. It use to be the minimum of the angles between the 3 wedge edges, now it's the minumum internal angle between an edge and the opposite face.
- Swellex and Split-Set bolts now allow entry of a plate capacity.
- Help Update.
- If a bolt excavation end point lay directly on an excavation vertex, then in some cases the bolt would not be included in the analysis.
- Improved documentation for shorcrete shear strength and failure modes.
- Lowered the default shotcrete shear strength to be more in line with Canadian codes for unreinforced concrete shear strength.
- New help system including new tutorials.
- If a horizontal plane intersects a horizontal tunnel at the first vertex, and was first in the plane order, negative values of volume and incorrect modes of failure would result.
- Now supports multiple HASPHL locks on the same USB hub
- The units for support pressure were displayed incorrectly as force units instead of the correct pressure units in both the infoviewer and the sidebar. Fixed.
- New Hasp-HL hardlock support. Removed support for old beige hardlocks.
- Speed Improvements for the combination analyzer. Can now handle larger numbers of joint combinations. Hint: Turn of the calculation of end wedges in the project settings if you are not interested in end wedges. This greatly improves speed as well.
- If one of the joint planes making up a wedge was orthogonal to the plane of sliding, in shuch a way that there was no normal force on the plane but the wedge slides along the plane, cohesion on the plane was not being factored into the factor of safety. This resulted in factors of safety less than the true factor of safety. This is a rare case.
- Dxf files with arcs using negative bulge factors would not be imported correctly.
- Can now pan the perspective view.
- Some very old files (from Unwedge for DOS version 1.x) would not
load properly (the unit system was not set properly, after the file load). Fixed.
- When calculating safety factors using stress analysis results, the program would overestimate the safety factor. The reason for this is in the fundamental formulation used that included shear stress as a driving force. This is wrong and has been removed. The program now closely matches Phase2 and UDEC numerical analysis results when looking at prismatic wedges (soon to be released!). It also matches analytical results presented in Brady and Brown "Rock Mecanics for Underground Mining" and papers published.
- It was possible for bolts to unload a sliding plane to a point where contact was lost. This would result in a reduction in safety factor if cohesion on the sliding joint was used. The program has been updated so that contact is never lost, so cohesion always exists. As a result, increasing the bond strength or capacity will not result in a reduction in safety factor for this case.
- Input data dialog restricted plunge to [0,90]. The allowable range is now
[-180,180] which is the same as the side bar.
- Tunnel axis (optimization) plots would sometimes be blank for the "factor of safety" plot if the "Wedges to Analyze" in the Tunnel Axis Plot Settings
was changed to a single wedge.
- When using stress with joints that have different properties, the program might use the wrong set of properties on a joint plane.
- On Windows XP, the scroll bars did work correctly for the list of possible variables, in the tunnel axis plot's "define user data equation" dialog.
- The Barton-Bandis strength criterion has been updated to include the 70 degree maximum at low confining stresses (Barton and Choubey 1976). Phib has also been changed to Phir to better represent the current criterion. The help has been updated as well.
- The combination analyzer for support pressure was broken in version 3.002.
- For sliding wedges with stress, the weight was not being included in the driving force calculation.
- Support for new Educational system. Also update dll's to latest microsoft versions.
- Fix - the combination analyzer sometimes displayed values for "Required Support Pressure" that were too large. Only the values of "Required Support Pressure" in the combination analyzer dialog were affected. All other values in the dialog were correct, and the rest of the program was not affected. In all cases, the value that would be reported would be greater than (more conservative) or equal to the correct value.
- Release of Windows version of Unwedge.
- Improved support for win2000/WinXP.
- Program had problems with wedges formed when the strike of one of the joint planes was the same as the trend of the tunnel.
- Fixed a scale problem with very small diameter holes.
- Increased the number of significant digits in the output of wedge weights and bolt forces.
- Increased the size of the edit boxes in the wedge sizing dialog.
- Fixed a problem with adding pattern bolts. Under certain very rare situations, a domain error occurred when adding pattern bolts. This caused the program to behave abnormally. Results are not affected.
- PCX screen dumps of the view window in B&W mode did not work correctly.
- Full extended memory past 16MB is now utilized.
- Hardlock code for Windows NT was added. This results in faster execution times in NT 3.51. Note that you still need to load the NT driver for NT 3.51, this can be downloaded from our web site or requested from our distribution office.
- Changed version control to allow internet updates for all users of version 2.0 or greater due to bug in plane area calculation.
- Added update.txt file to keep track of bug fixes.
Pre- Version 2.3
- Prior to version 2.3, Unwedge sometimes incorrectly calculated the areas of the wedge planes resulting in incorrect factors of safety when water or cohesion were used.