Swedge v6.0 Update History
Version 6.013 - August 17 2016 [Download]
- Fixed bug with Info Viewer crashing for certain (probabilistic) models.
- The system default browser now opens the Help.
Version 6.012 - April 1 2016
- Now supports import of data from Dips 7 files.
Version 6.011 - February 3 2016
- Eurocode partial factor for friction now applies to waviness as well.
- Can now define waviness in combination mode.
Version 6.010 - January 21 2016
- Export statistical data now includes sliding direction.
- In rare cases, basal socket wedges would create invalid geometry.
- For basal wedges, slumping can now only happen if failure is along basal plane, not the line of intersection.
- Fixed InfoViewer "Copy to Clipboard"
- Fixed a drawing issue with shotcrete and some types of basal wedges.
Version 6.009 - July 31 2015
- Copy to clipboard from the InfoViewer now preserves formatting.
- A fix for extremely small slope heights (<1m).
Version 6.008 - March 10 2015
- Basal planes are now shown on the stereonet for probabilistic mode.
- Histogram edge condition fix.
- Incorrect "best fit" texdt for copy data / export to excel. Fixed.
- Added escape key for sampelr in data plots.
- Fix for Fisher K max/min input bug.
- Reset sampler when rebuilding chart.
Version 6.007 - November 7 2014
- A bug with saving and reading probabilistic files with a basal failure plane with a fisher distribution is fixed. The data for the distribution was not being saved correctly.
- A drawing bug for the slope int eh side view with a basal failure plane is fixe.
Version 6.006 - October 3 2014
- Added parallel processing for 32bit version.
Version 6.005 - August 12 2014
- Design Standards are now applied to slope and upper slope pressure loads.
Version 6.004 - July 24 2014
- Improved method of detecting the rotational slumping mode for wedges with a basal failure plane.
- Probabilistic mode and distributions of joint dip whose absolute maximum exceeded 90 degrees could not be properly queried. Fixed.
Version 6.003 - April 16 2014
- New help system.
- Improved bench and persistence analysis. Now can account for ubiquitous joints.
- Added correlation of beta and triangular variables for probabilistic analyses.
Version 6.002 - March 25 2014
- First Commercial Release.
Version 6.001 - January 14 2014
- Beta release.
Version 5.016 - September 20 2013
- Updated Help system to support Google Chrome and IE10.
- Units in the Persistence analysis dialog were wrong for imperial units. They said meters, should be feet.
Version 5.015 - June 20 2012
- Online Help would now launch in Internet Explorer if Google Chrome is the default browser. The online help does not properly work in Google Chrome.
Version 5.014 - July 18 2011
- During a combination analysis if no wedges are formed, a factor of safety would sometimes be shown in the toolbar even though no wedge exists. Fixed.
- The bolt orientation dialog would sometimes give an error and an orientation would be listed as -0.
- The conversion between metric tonnes and Kilonewtons (KN) is now given in the Project Settings dialog.
Version 5.013 - November 11 2010
- In the stereonet view, intersections would sometimes plot outside the stereonet. Fixed.
- Huge combination or probability models exceeding the memory capabilities of the computer would crash Swedge. The program now complains nicely and does not crash.
- You can now abort probability and combination analyses by pressing Escape.
Version 5.012 - October 13 2010
- If a line of intersection of the wedge was horizontal, the program would sometimes incorrectly give a FS=0.
Version 5.011 - May 06 2010
- A file reading problem on Windows 7 was fixed.
Version 5.010 - November 30 2009
- On Vista, when editing seismic coefficients after an initial calculation, the program would give an error dialog for no apparent reason. Fixed.
Version 5.009 - September 29 2009
- Added the ability to add grid lines to graphs.
- When switching between probabilistic and deterministic modes, if the mean wedge does not exist, the program would incorrectly set the joint orientations. This showed up when switching back to probabilistic mode, the program would give different answers.
Version 5.008 - July 7 2009
- Under rare circumstances the clipboard would be corrupted. Fixed.
- Excel charting of multiple datasets would sometimes not work with Excel 2007.
- A combination of a bench width, a slope length, and maximize tension crack distance could result in a bad wedge.
- Security system update to allow for educational updates and improve commercial network version.
Version 5.007 - June 4 2009
- A combination of a bench width, a slope length, and maximize tension crack distance could result in a bad wedge.
- A combination of a probabilistic analysis and the entry of external forces would result in the external force not existing.
- Update for the security library.
- Improved the computation of scaled wedges when used with tension cracks, bench widths and slope lengths.
- The infoviewer mislabeled slope pressures that were active as being passive. This is simply a typo. Fixed.
- Export image now works on Vista.
- Under certain situations with steeply dipping upper faces and wedges that require the tension crack to actually form, the program may not properly calculate the maximum size wedge with the "Use bench width to maximize" tension crack option.
- Improved the algorithm for computing the minimum FS tension crack position.
- Fixed a bug with the default chart colors.
- Improved printing.
- The automatic update feature did not work. Fixed.
- Improved documentation for shorcrete shear strength and failure modes.
- Lowered the default shotcrete shear strength to be more in line with Canadian codes for unreinforced concrete shear strength.
- Now supports multiple HASPHL locks on the same USB hub.
- New Hasp-HL hardlock support. Removed support for old beige hardlocks.
- Support for new Educational system. Also update dll's to latest microsoft versions.
- The correlation coefficient settings for probabilistic analyses were not being saved to the data file.
- Multiple serial number support.
- New Verification Manual.
- Upper slope area was not being computed correctly in some cases. This might affect support pressure calculations and resulting safety factor results if support pressures were used on the upper slope.
- Hardlock and Nodelock software update.
- In the case were one joint overhangs another, the application of water force on the overhanging joint could have been in the wrong direction. This is an error in the original Hoek and Bray equations.
- The drawing of geometries with overhanging slopes and joints has been improved.
- Improved performance for beige hardlocks.
- Update to auto-update code and nodelock code.
- Bug fix for network version and path path dialog.
- Program no longer requires administrator privileges to properly update itself through the web.
- Program no longer registers itself through the Windows Shell in such a way as to allow new files and printing through the windows context menus.
- A fix in the install and update fixes a problem with version 4.072 always asking to update itself over the web.
- EMF/WMF image files now export correctly.
- Improved license management for network versions.
- Improved look under WinXP.
- Better resource management on Win9x machines.
- A bug with imperial units was fixed. If the model was set to imperial units with probabilistic data and you looked at the infoviewer, the unit system was corrupted.
- Old files sometimes had corrupted units due to an old bug. Swedge now recognizes this and asks for the unit system.
- A new preferences dialog has been added to the file menu. Using the preferences dialog you can choose the new XP menu style and tabbed views. Tabbed views allow you to quickly change the view through tabs at the bottom of the screen.
- Addition of support pressures for the modeling of pattern bolting and external pressure loads. See the New Swedge Features page for more info.
- Context sensitive help buttons in every dialog.
- A more robust brute-force algorithm for optimal bolt angle has been added. This replaces the old algorithm which didn't work very well for passive bolts.
- A new verification manual has been added.
- Added driving and restraining forces to the infoviewer.
- Automatic update technology added. Customers with a web connection will automatically be notified and allowed to update when a new minor version is released.
- A new splash screen.
- Nodelocking now possible.
- Under some circumstances, the printing of a stereonet view would crash the program. This is fixed.
- Resource modifications to improve overall stability.
- Under some circumstances, the exponential distribution was not being calculated for a random variable. This occurred if the standard deviation of a previously defined distribution had been set to 0 (Even though the exponential distribution does not use standard deviation).
- Improvements to the correlation method for friction and cohesion were made resulting in better correlation.
- The lognormal distribution was not being calculated correctly.
- Scaled wedges were not being saved to the data file. If you scaled a wedge, saved the file, read the file back in, you would get the maximum wedge.
- Bolts were not being read correctly from the input file. As a result the safety factor would not include the influence of the bolts.
- Fixed a bug with the printing of a wedge view. Sometimes it didn't print.
- Added the ability to export image (JPEG,BMP) files. See the File->Export Image File option.
- Opengl support for win2000. Swedge now fully supports win2000.
- Tech Support Dialog for sending Rocscience system information when you have a problem. Just copy the info in the dialog and email it to us with your problem.
- The Deterministic input dialog no longer resets the data for invalid wedges. This way you can easily play with the values. However, if you exit the dialog, the values will be reset to the last valid wedge you analyzed.
- A small left margin was placed in the infoviewer to improve readability.
- Checks for valid statistical parameters for beta and triangular distributions have been added.
- In cases where invalid wedges are formed in a probabilistic analysis, the sampled distribution was not plotted correctly when added to the sampled distribution plots. This has been fixed.
- Right click in the chart view didn't work if the focus was on another view.
- Faster network lock performance.
- Printing of the wedge view did not work (blank paper) for certain color settings, video cards, and printers.
- Wedge area for both the slope and upper slope are now reported in the Infoviewer.
- Fixed a bug with the drawing of the sampled distribution when truncation values were close to the standard deviation.
- Added exponential distribution for all random variables.
- A few cosmetic changes.
- Beta distribution had trouble with Latin Hypercube sampling when alpha1<1 and alpha2>1.
- Triangular distributions hung the program if the relative min and max were 0.
- 2D histograms are now the default.
- Toolbars and the statusbar can now be toggled on/off.
- The toolbar font size has been increased making it easier to read.
- A display bug that caused improper visualization of the wedge geometry was fixed.
- Much improved error messages for improper wedge and tension crack geometry was added.
- One of the checks used to determine a valid wedge with a tension crack was removed since it missed some rather important valid cases.