RS2 v9.0 Update History
RS2 9.020 – December 14 2016 [Download]
- Compute: Bug fix for small unbalance force and adaptive load step option.
- Compute: Improvement to load step prediction accuracy for adaptive load step option.
- Compute: Set a threshold for when the "joint shear" option in bolts will be activated.
- Compute: Fixed a bug when joint stiffness was related to the surrounding elements.
- Compute: Fixed minor bugs related to staging of material properties.
- Interpret: Fix for min/max numbers in legend not working properly for "contour range auto (all stages)".
- Interpret: Show Values for joints didn't use number of decimals specified in the options dialog. Fixed.
- Modeler: Sigma2 wasn't saved properly in field stress calculation dialog. Fixed.
- Modeler: In rare circumstances, resetting mesh would result in an error. Better node location handling implemented.
RS2 9.019 – October 24 2016
- Fixed a bug in the meshing of models with large joint networks. Bug was added in version 9.018. It is recommended that if you have problems with files created in 9.018, install 9.019 and REMESH the model.
RS2 9.018 – October 13 2016
- Additional joint pressures were broken in 9.017 update. Fixed.
- Stress transformation dialog is now properly disabled for gravitational field stresses.
- An epsilon issue with meshing was fixed.
- Fix for tractions not displaying because they were attached to the wrong side of a structural interface.
- Fixed a typo in token name for plastic strain binary files.
- Fix for dimension angle/length "edit text" dialog (wrong edit text window came up).
RS2 9.017 – August 17 2016
- Compute: Fixed an issue with a load applied to a joint added when the joint came into existence in a stage other than the first.
- Compute: Joint failure in binary mode correction.
- Interpreter: Bug fix for reading peak dynamic values from binary file.
- Interpreter: Now correctly plots ubiquitous jointed material failure for elastic elements.
RS2 9.016 – June 1 2016
- Modeler fix. If stats is enabled but no variables have been defined user would get misleading message about component files not being saved upon pressing Compute.
RS2 9.015 – May 2 2016
- Ponded water load using "Use calculated water pressure" and "Apply ponded water load" when assigning Piezometric Lines is now worrking correctly in SSR analysis.
- Improve the accuracy of the calculation when joints are added and the material is changed to a different material with initial element loading set to "Field Stress and Body Force".
- Bug fix for when the engine crashed with liners sticking out of a solid element in a Coupled Analysis.
- Would not calculate apparent dip/dipdir when using fisher distribution if "Use trace plane" was not on. Fixed.
- Tieback bolt grout just touching joint caused a 0 length element to be produced. Fixed.
- Interpolated water table now ignores reference stage info, just uses base data.
- Recomputing calculated water table in Interpret when changing reference stage. Fixed.
- Fix for associated ponded water load file writing (normal direction was wrong in some cases).
- Minor fix for tooltips for new ponded water loads associated with grids/piezos.
- Fix for ponded water drawing not always correct when groundwater boundary condition is on a structural interface node.
- Fixed mesh node and element number writing in info file.
- Added "Scale with zoom" to properties table tools (Modeler and Interpret).
- Added "StageTime" as title block option.
RS2 9.014 – February 29 2016
- Compute. Fixed a critical bug with groundwater pore pressures in joints when associated with liners (composite and structural interfaces). In some cases, joints in a dry regions were wrongly being assigned water pressures.
- Compute. Bug fix for reading auto ponded water loads.
- Model/Interpret. Bug fix for the display of field stress K ratios in the Infoviewer.
- Model. Improvements to reading Slide files. Effective stress ratio field stresses set by default, anisotropic materials now read, tensile strength added.
- Model. Fix for Add/Delete stage factor buttons not being enabled or the opposite.
- Model. Bug fix for ponded water loads not writing correctly when midside nodes present.
- Model/Interpret. Added 'lock zoom' to modeler.
RS2 9.013 – February 22 2016
- Modeler: Bug fix for joints being written after elements in groundwater file
- Modeler: Fix for importing Slide files and converting bolts to structural interfaces (material boundaries were overwriting structural interface bounds - changed how overlap ordering works)
- Modeler: Bug fix for writing bolts properly on structural interface installed after first stage
- Modeler: Fixed a crash when saving a file, material array bounds were not being done correctly
- Modeler: Fix for node numbers when joints appear, node numbering is improved
- Interpreter: Bug fix for add yield line - wasn't being created properly for models with midside nodes
- Interpreter: Added ability for Interpret to properly read old files with joints with old node numbering scheme
- Compute: Now properly counting the DOF in the compute engine when a material change occurs
- Compute: Add the coupling matrix for joint (basically pore pressure will be applied to normal direction of the joint only)
- Compute: Fix a bug causing a crash when we have an induced stress with joint and the material of joint has no water pressure
RS2 9.012 – January 21 2016
- Export data to xlsx files to overcome 65000 row limit in xls files.
- Bug fix for dynamic - element id for hydromass was off by 1.
- Fix for crash reading certain older files.
- Can now plot support capacity envelopes for beams in structural interfaces.
- Fix for multiple SSR search/exclusion zones not all hiding/showing in Interpret.
- Now using MKL 11.2 to fix an AMD processor bug.
- Bug fix for 'delete liner' operation crashing program.
- Tractions on elements are now properly deleted before the element is deleted.
- Bug fix for reading new Slide 7.0 files with a profile.
- Changed tooltip for hydraulic properties, it was causing a crash.
RS2 9.011 – November 25 2015
- Fix for groundwater conditions on a joint.
- Poisson vs Shear Modulus flag for the Cam Clay option was always getting switched in the dialog. Fixed.
- A minor fix for user-defined data with reference staging.
- Fixed a bug in applying pressure head transient boundary conditions.
- Fixed bug that caused unrealistic upheave behaviour when removing joint with water pressure.
- Software now looks for all usable licenses on all usable license servers.
RS2 9.010 – September 14 2015
- Fix for groundwater boundary conditions on joints.
- Background material color can now be toggled on or off in the display options dialog.
- Fix for transient normal infiltration boundary condition.
- Fix for paste from RocData.
- Fix for time units display bug in modeler.
- Fix for old files with multiple groundwater grids.
- Fixed text tool drawing issue (for 'old' tools).
- Update the tensile strength equation to use the latest by Hoek and Martin (UCS/sigt = 0.7mi + 8.6)
RS2 9.009 – July 31 2015
- Reset Flag was ignored in elastic materials. Fixed.
- Opening very old models caused the program to crash. Fixed.
- Materials are now drawn behind contours in the Interpreter.
- A min=0 pore pressure and pressure head contour option similar to Slide was added.
- Fix for disappearing menus and toolbars if user hits Ctrl+P in Print Preview.
- Poisson ratio is now properly written for reinforced concrete liner.
- Fix for chart export image for PNG.
- Tensile fix for plastic reinforced concrete, the correct tensile strength is now properly written.
- Shear support capacity curve update.
RS2 9.008 – June 15 2015
- GW display drawing correction for old models (<8.0).
- Fixed bugs in Transient Groundwater flow.
- Fixed bug in calculations related to discharge sections.
- Fixed bugs in seepage face boundary condition used in Transient Groundwater flow simulations.
- Transient nodal flow/infiltration is now constant in all stages (cannot be removed or changed, else the BC is removed in ALL stages).
- Fix for importing slide model groundwater bc with transient stages (propagation corrected).
- Imported slide models now have 'use calculated pwp' ponded water loads.
- Disabling SRF if dynamic analysis is turned on.
- Transient boundary conditions from Slide weren't being imported. Fixed.
- Permeability conversion issues in transient models fixed.
- Transient dialog for user-defined function - time units weren't correctly displayed (always showed seconds). Fixed.
RS2 9.007 – April 14 2015
- Interpret. Fixed Copy Liner Data for structural interfaces.
- Interpret. "Draw yielded joints" now toggles failed joint in a composite liner or structural interface, rather than "draw yielded liners".
- Interpret. Toggle drawing performance wasn't reshowing the mesh correctly. Fixed.
- Modeler. Fixed dxf import.
- Engine. Fixed INF bug that occurred when staging a Hoek Brown material.
- Engine. Displacement of the first SSR is no longer reset.
RS2 9.006 – March 24 2015
- Compute. Improved the convergence criteria for coupled analysis.
- Compute. Improved the simulation of transient groundwater analysis. The simulation is now converged much better with unsaturated soil.
- Compute. For water pressure in joint, if the option "apply to liner side only" was selected, only joint with liner will be considered.
- Compute. Fixed bug with staging material with datum-dependent properties.
- Compute. Fixed bug with sliding gap in beam was selected. The beam was never activated.
- Compute. In SSR analysis, displacement will not be reset at the beginning of the SSR analysis.
- Compute. Fixed bug causing INF when staging Hoek-Brown material.
- Compute. Fixed bug in the input file and file reader for the Jointed Mohr-Coulomb Material that includes unsaturated strength parameters.
- Modeler. Reset stress flag wasn't being written to engine file if "apply stage factors" was unchecked. Fixed.
- Modeler. Setting pressure head propertly now in Interpret in a piezo/grid model.
- Modeler. Bug with pore pressures when a reference stage was used with initial groundwater piezo/grid.
- Modeler. Minor display change to allow drawing of dynamic loads without dynamic boundary conditions.
- Modeler. Bug with writing pore pressure correctly for transient groundwater analysis with grids as an initial state. Fixed.
- Modeler. Pore pressure results not read properly for initial stage. Fixed.
- Modeler. Minor fix for dynamic units in define load dialog.
- Interpret. Jointed material failure drawing fix.
RS2 9.005 – March 4 2015
- Compute. Transmit boundary condition can now be used to simulate the free field effect in earthquake simulations.
- Compute. Added tie boundary condition.
- Compute. Added the compliance base option for the input of the motion at the base of the model.
- Compute. Added hydrodynamic mass to simulate the effect of water on the dam surface in earthquake simulations.
- Compute. Added drift correction for input motion (acceleration and velocity) to correct the measured data.
- Compute. Added power spectrum and frequency filtering.
- Compute. Added natural frequency analysis.
- Compute. Added the option that ponded water load can be calculated automatically from the pore pressure.
- Compute. Fixed bug when the option “Joint tension reduces joint stiffness“ is selected in dynamics analysis.
- Compute. Fixed bug when the engine crashes when the auto time step option was selected in dynamic analysis.
- Compute. In shear strength reduction analysis, if the load step of the shear strength factor of 1 is equal to the last stage before the SSR analysis, the two results are identical now.
- Compute. Improved the speed when using auto time step in consolidation analysis.
- Modeler. New Dynamic Boundary Conditions: Tied, Hydromass
- Modeler. Dynamic - Power Spectrum.
- Modeler. Dynamic - Natural Frequencies.
- Modeler. Added 'import tools' option.
- Modeler. Ponded water load total head can now be automatically calculated.
- Modeler. Fix for ponded water load caused by piezometric lines.
- Modeler. Fix for compliant base check.
- Modeler. Right click dynamic load deletion fix.
- Modeler. Dynamic load distributed delete fix.
- Modeler. Accumulate restraints option removed.
- Modeler. Auto Restraint surface sides option added.
- Modeler. May crash when attempting to copy material properties from one to another.
- Interpret may crash if file was saved in Intepret and then number of stages was reduced, file re-computed and loaded again into Interpret. Fixed.
- Modeler. Datum dependent properties of a material would sometimes get reset after viewing it in Define Material Properties and hitting OK.
- Modeler/Interpret. Last position and model scale in print preview is now remembered. This can be turned off/on in Preferences
- Modeler. When using GSI calculator while defining material properties Young’s modulus was not always set
- Modeler. Defining materials before turning on SSR in project settings would turn off their individual SSR flags thus not subjecting them to strength reduction
- Interpret. Fixed a bug with the support capacity curves. If a composite liner with 2 liners using the same liner material are used, and one of them is removed, the plot shows huge numbers in the removal stage.
- Interpret/Modeler. Improved Modeler and Interpreter performance for opening files with large number of joints.
RS2 9.004 – November 18 2014
- Fixed the bug in shear strength reduction analysis that the program cannot find the safety factor.
- Compute. Bug Fix, Correct the p-wave velocity calculation for solid material (used to calculate the viscous damping).
- Compute. Bug Fix, Joint material dependent: fix the bug that the joint strength reduces with the iteration.
- Compute. Bug Fix, Correct the maximum displacement for each of the load step.
- Compute. New functionality, Drift correction for earthquake data.
- Compute. New functionality, Transmit boundary condition now work as free field boundary conditions (normally used for earthquake).
- Modeler. “Reset Stress” setting in material properties would not be remembered if “Stage Properties” was turned off.
- Interpret. Reduced disk usage for probabilistic models used by temporary files in Interpret.
- Interpret. Switching between data types in probabilistic mode would not always display data when results were saved in binary mode by the engine.
- Interpret. “Compute All Statistics” would only compute current data type in current stage instead of all data in all stages.
- Interpret. Display options, contour options, viewing stage and data type can now be saved with the file for current view.
- Modeler. Added Structural Interface toolbar button in 'Support Mode' and menu option in Support menu.
- Modeler. Jointed materials was not writing properly to the engine.
- Modeler. Groundwater infiltration on non-joints fix.
- Modeler. When infiltration is set by segment, infiltration appears on the active segment only.
- Interpret. Groundwater on joints is hidden/shown properly.
- Interpret. Added “hide/show all” flag in display options.
- Interpret. Would crash when Pasting from Slide Interpret (view menu). Fixed.
RS2 9.003 – October 16 2014
- Commercial release.
RS2 9.002 – August 18 2014
- Beta 2 release.
- Default flow line options now saved per document.
- Displaying wrong max values per stage for yielded elements and strength factors. Fixed.
- Dynamic model dashpot element bug. Fixed.
- Jointed properties for jointed materials now have Apply SSR enabled for all strength types.
- Yielded joints not drawing correctly. Fixed.
- Drawing issue in InfoViewer if displacements not viewed. Fixed.
- Jointed materials not writing correctly is "residual" was unchecked and Mohr Coulomb was selected. Fixed.
- Dimension Tools weren't reading properly from Version 8 files. Fixed.
- Custom keyboard shortcuts enabled.
- Slide Import issues: materials not properly assigned, compute wouldn't run. Fixed.
- Pore pressure units in Apply dialog were incorrect.
- Porosity value added to Material dialog when coupled analysis option is on.
- Material stage factors not saved properly in some cases. Fixed.
- Displacements can now be edited.
RS2 9.001 – July 30 2014
- Beta 1 release.
Phase2 8.024 – March 3 2015
- Interpret. Fixed a bug with the support capacity curves. If a composite liner with 2 liners using teh same liner material are used, and one of them is removed, the plot shows huge numbers in the removal stage.
- Interpret. Copy Data now properly writes out the yield flag.
Phase2 8.023 – October 3 2014
- Now launches RocData 5.0 from Material Properties dialog.
- Fixed importing of Slide files with support outside external boundary.
Phase2 8.022 – August 12 2014
- In some cases, joints that yielded would not be drawn as yielded in the Interpreter. This is a display issue only, the stresses and displacements are computed correctly.
- Convergence criteria for SSR was fixed in simulations using more than 2 stages before the SSR analysis.
Phase2 8.021 – July 21 2014
- Can now define the default execution priority for the compute engine throughout the programs' context menu.
- Fixed a bug in the joint generation algorithm for apparent dip of 0 and non-infinite joint length.
- Fix for show values composite display bug when viewing a support layer other than the first one.
- Improved mesh generation and node numbering for structural interfaces and joints that are installed.
- Updated Help.
Phase2 8.020 – March 14 2014
- Fix the bug with the induced stress in effective stress analysis option.
- Fix the bug with the pseudo seismic load in the SSR + effective stress analysis. The bug only appeared when the seismic load has the direction from left to right.
- Update 8.019 broke the FS filter for support capacity envelopes. Fixed.
- Fixed bug with very small bolt segments crossing joints.
- Added online Help.
Phase2 8.019 – January 16 2014
- Interpreter User Data now supports equations with over 400 characters. The limit is now 5000 characters.
- Added the pow function to the user data.
- Fixed an issue with convergence of cable bolts. Fix the #QNAN in cable bolt in some cases.
- When a constant field stress is applied, and the option Use effective stress ratio is checked in the gravity option, initial joint deformation did not work properly.
- Fixed a bug with grouted bolts if they were very slightly overlapping an excavated area, so that they were not automatically uninstalled but still flagged an element that no longer existed.
- The custom field stress properties for a material was were not being reported correctly in the Infoviewer. This has no effect on the analysis or results.
Phase2 8.018 – October 11 2013
- Fix the bug when a small area is used for axisymmetric liners.
- Fix the bug in staging Young’s modulus for the plastic materials.
- Google Chrome support was broken by a Chrome update. Reverting help to use IE.
Phase2 8.017 – September 20 2013
- Updated Help system to support Google Chrome and IE10.
- The convergence criteria “Absolute Force & Energy” now working correctly in SSR analysis.
- Fix the bug when the Joint-Shear option of the bolts was checked and the bolts are installed in the Duncan-Chang material with zero cohesion.
- The convergence criterion for ground water flow analysis was modified aiming for a faster convergence.
- Bug fix in plotting the unsaturated functions (permeability and water-content versus matric suction).
- Tab order was fixed for dialogs.
Phase2 8.016 – July 31 2013
- The Infoviewer and Datatips now display for a given material the residual modulus, Generalized Hoek-Brown peak and residual values of GSI, mi and D.
- Interpret. Fixed visibility of structural interface boundary outline – it sometimes wouldn’t show if excavated.
- Interpret. Fixed drawing of the yielded joint elements – it wouldn’t draw as yielded if excavated in next stage.
- Can now move all boundaries and not have the mesh material properties reset.
- Fixed a bug that would cause problems when applying a line load to a composite liner.
- Improved DXF reading of the external boundary.
- Fixed a bug with locked-in stresses, their sign was wrong when the effective stress option was turned on in the field stress dialog.
Phase2 8.015 – July 5 2013
- Can now apply moment and hinge boundary conditions to structural interfaces.
- A warning has been added when using the Generalized Hoek-Brown Disturbance factor. The warning is to make sure people only apply the factor to rock in the vicinity of an excavation. Often people incorrectly apply a disturbance factor to an entire rock mass.
- Updated the mi table of typical values to be consistent with the latest version published in Practical Rock Engineering, Rock mass Properties chapter.
Phase2 8.014 – May 8 2013
- A combination of low joint stiffness and bolts that can fail in shear caused convergence issues. This has been fixed.
- Fixed issue with faint white lines showing on screen when printing to PDF printers. These were only visible on display and not on printout.
- Small improvements in Titleblock designer.
- Plotting of the permeability functions in the modeler would sometimes crash the program. Fixed.
- Sometimes plots/graphs in the Interpreter would not show. Fixed.
Phase2 8.013 – April 1 2013
- Modeler. Program now allows for zero spring stiffness. It used to have to be greater than zero.
- Compute: Fixed a bug for SSR analysis for models with joints if initial joint deformation is selected.
- When Total Heads are negative, pressure around excavation is not 0. This is regardless of interpolation method.
- The discrete function did not properly using modulus values.
Phase2 8.012 – December 3 2012
- Compute: Fixed a bug for removing liner in effective stress analysis if the liner weight is included in the analysis.
- Groundwater Compute: Improved the iteration of the unknown boundary condition.
- Fixed incorrect parameters in the liner properties table tool.
- Fixed an issue with the shortcut text for the Tools Edit Coordinates and Delete Tool being the same.
- Interpret. The Phase2 interpret crashes when graphing bolt data of bolt and rock displacement for all stages. Fixed.
- Compute. Fixed a bug in writing Swellex properties that caused the Compute engine to crash.
- For Barton-Bandis joints, added the 70 degree limit for the tangent friction angle as recommended by Barton and Choubey (1976).
Phase2 8.011 – July 20 2012
- Compute: Introduced the option to enter the residual bond strength for Swellex/Split-set bolts.
- Compute: Fixed a bug for constant pre-tension force option in bolts for SSR analysis.
- Compute: Fixed a bug in shear locking for Timoshenko’s beam for thin thickness.
- Interpret. Sometimes if a joint boundary is partially excavated it could not be selected for graphing.
- Modeler. Fixed a bug which would sometimes result in a crash when bolts ends were in an excavated region but not uninstalled.
- Modeler/Interpreter. Fixed bug in property table tool that improperly showed dilation angle / residual properties.
- Interpreter. Stress trajectory scaling is improved to better reflect the stress ratio.
- Modeler. Bug in liner properties dialog that would disable staging of liner properties if a concrete liner existed and the ‘Concrete’ option was unchecked.
- Modeler/Interpreter. Liner properties table tool would incorrectly display peak and residual tensile strength.
Phase2 8.010 – May 14 2012
- Modeler. During geometry building process the program might crash if vertices are too close and model extents are large. Added a message box instead warning user to run Geometry Cleanup first.
- SSR models using the effective stress flag would give incorrect results if the model was staged and material removal occurred.
- Improved the speed of saving models with large joint networks and pore pressure grids.
- Updated ‘Copy from Roclab/Rocdata’ function in material properties to correctly copy the peak/residual tensile strength.
- Importing Slide files with geotextiles and a groundwater finite element mesh did not properly mesh the geotextile elements. Fixed.
Phase2 8.009 – April 20 2012
- Compute. Improved the performance of infinite element for multi-material models.
- Compute. Introduced the option to handle changing material without resetting the material stress.
- Compute. Improved the performance of Timoshenko beam for thin thickness.
- Compute: Introduced new convergence criterion to check for both the force and energy conditions. This option improves results accuracy for models with extensive plastic failure zones.
- Compute: Fixed a bug for joint shear calculation for bolts that intersect joints.
- Compute. Fixed a bug with joint stiffness reduction for joint that failed in tension.
- Compute. Fixed a bug in the 3-node beam in axisymmetric mode.
- Compute. New and improved algorithm for cable bolts that handles accurately bolt failure.
- Compute. Fixed a bug for applying negative pore pressure in joints.
- Compute. Fixed a bug in effective stress analysis for both stress options (plane strain and axisymmetric).
- Model/Interpret. Added ability to control decimal places in ‘Show Values’ option.
- Model/Interpret. Missing residual tensile strength in the properties table.
- Compute. Cam-Clay yield flags are now properly set and displayed in the Interpreter.
- Model. A bug in the Voronoi joint creation was fixed.
Phase2 8.008 – January 24 2012
- Interpret. Fixed a bug which prevented user from opening a file if probabilistic analysis was turned on in Project Settings but no variables have been defined.
- Modeler. Fixed a bug that wouldn’t properly intersect composite liners with bolts
- Modeler. Fixed a bug that wouldn’t allow the liner removal stage to be updated correctly.
- Compute. Can now add files to the queue while the program is computing.
- Modeler. Rearranged boundary editing menu options – moved frequently used options from secondary popup to top “Boundary” level.
- Interpret. In multistage models where some bolts were uninstalled in intermediate stages it was not possible to view results for remaining bolts at later stages. Show values and plotting was affected.
- Compute: Improved calculation speed for models that have joints installed after the first stage.
- Modeler. Improved speed of saving files with large joint networks.
- Modeler. If you toggle on the factoring of joint properties with stage, yet do not stage any properties, slip starting at a particular stage did not work; the slip would not be turned on. The slip would only be turned on if one of the joint properties was also staged. This is fixed, now slip is turned on whether or not a parameter is staged.
- Compute. For the case of variable Poisson’s Ratio, the code will check that calculated elastic parameters are sensible when the minor principal stress approaches to zero.
- Modeler. Under certain circumstances, ponded water loads would flip direction on material boundaries when reading files.
- Modeler/Interpret. The residual friction angle (phiR for Barton Bandis joint shear strength) does not show up in the joint properties table. Fixed.
Phase2 8.007 – November 28 2011
- Interpret. Under rare circumstances node numbers on both sides of an excavated joint would be switched corrupting contours.
- Compute. Fixed a problem with induced stress loading option for multiple excavation models.
- Compute. Improved joint higher order formulation for better accuracy if it is used as interface element.
- Compute. Fixed a problem for spring element if initial force option is selected.
- Compute. Fixed a bug in liner shear forces for axisymmetric analysis method.
- Compute. Improved discharge section calculation.
- Compute. Fixed a problem with pore pressures in joints for SSR models.
- Modeler. The "Include Weight in Analysis" option in the beam properties dialog was not being saved properly.
- Interpret. Interpret would sometimes crash with an error saying that it is unable to open cache file or will show blank screen when opening files with SSR analysis.
Phase2 8.006 – October 18 2011
- Modeler. Now better handles the import of grids with negative pore pressures.
- Modeler. Added the option to allow input of Phib (unsaturated friction angle) for pore presure grids.
- Interpret. The tooltip will now show the info for the piezo line defined in the last stage for SSR.
- Modeler. Joints in composite liners was active in axisymmetric mode even though axisymmetric joints have not been implemented in Phase2. It is now properly disabled.
- Compute. Duncan-Chang model: The level of deviatoric stress is selected as the Loading-Unloading criterion. This proved to be a more stable criterion, especially in simulations that include self weight and settlement of layers of material.
- Compute. Duncan-Chang model: The simulations can start from a zero stress state, without crashing.
- Compute. Generalized Hoek-Brown model: The brittle behavior in this model was improved (this was done for Mohr-Coulomb model as well).
- Compute. Generalized Hoek-Brown model: Improved flow rule for materials with dilation. Derivatives of the plastic potential function are more accurately calculated.
- Modeler. Fixed standard deviation being reset to 0 when user simply clicked on the variable type column.
- Interpret. Minor fixes and improvements in beam graphing and data copying. Node number labels can now be toggled.
- Compute. A bug with how Cam-Clay materials are written to the data file was fixed.
- Modeler. Fixed a bug in the geometry cleanup code which didn’t properly prioritize boundaries that overlapped – the most recently added boundary now has priority when fixing overlaps, regardless of boundary ‘type’.
- Interpret. Added “keep text horizontal” option to show values feature. This option is now ON by default and it prevents value labels from auto-rotating.
- Modeler/Interpreter. Bug fixed: When there were too many stages and material properties being changed, the tooltip would overflow and cause an error message. The tooltip now shows information about any changing properties in the next 10 stages only.
- Modeler/Interpreter. Added joint network information to info viewer.
- Modeler. Fixed bug in joint network dialog which would cause the incorrect window positioning due to the scrollbar when switching between multiple joint sets.
- All. Fixed detection of another instance which sometimes would erroneously delete all temporary files thus causing troubles with undo, staging and mess up currently computing files.
- Modeler/Interpret. Online Help would now launch in Internet Explorer if Google Chrome is the default browser. The online help does not properly work in Google Chrome.
- Updated Help. New stress verification examples, numbers 30and 31, added to the Stress Verification manual in the Help.
- Modeler. Improved the Voronoi joint network creator.Much smaller networks with more Voronoi cells can be created.
Phase2 8.005 – July 14 2011
- Compute. Using effective K ratios with a groundwater analysis file did not work. Fixed.
- Compute. Improved the Duncan-Chang and Cam Clay models.
- Interpret. Improved drawing performance for models with very large number of joints.
- Interpret. Disabled “Alternative Contour Generation” option in preferences. This option causes a significant delay when switching between data types and stages on lower end CPUs.
- Modeler. When importing external boundary from DXF a warning about large coordinates relative to model dimensions was not issued.
- Modeler. When meshing a model with joint networks directly from Mesh Setup the window advising user to clean geometry would not show. This can potentially result in program crashing or poor mesh that would cause the engine to abort computation.
- Modeler. Improved Geometry Cleanup feature for very small models (less than 1 unit in both dimensions).
- Modeler. Mesh generation for certain models of small dimensions (less than 1 unit in size) could produce bad mesh.
- Modeler. Automatic geometry intersection and validation could fail for models of small dimensions (less than 1 unit in size).
- Modeler. When deleting boundary vertices an error message will no longer pop up if less than 2 or 3 vertices left on polyline or polygon boundary – such boundary will be simply deleted.
- Modeler. An error message will no longer pop up if a boundary has all coinciding vertices, fully or partially outside external. Such boundary or its offending segments will be simply deleted.
- Modeler. Improved performance of post processing geometry editing operations, and file saving for models with large number (thousands) of interconnected boundaries.
- Modeler. Prevented most crashes during meshing of models with poor geometry. An error message will now pop up informing user of failure and advising to run geometry cleanup.
- Modeler. Expand/Shrink external would not check if user entered the same starting and ending points. An error message is now displayed.
- Compute. Prevented crashes when opening files with joints that have invalid node numbering. Such meshes could be generated for models with bad geometry or with very dense joint network. The Compute module would now simply abort computations.
- Interpret. Added differential stress data to available statistical data types.
- Interpret. Added a progress bar for very large models when contour generation process causes significant delay.
- Interpret. Sped up loading time for very large files with multiple stages and large number of joints.
- Modeler. Sometimes right-clicking on a tool and selecting an option from context menu would not work.
- Modeler. Improved performance of modeling with large joint networks and FEA groundwater analysis. Previously, applying new groundwater boundary conditions or changing material assignments for models with lots of joints could take a very long time.
- Modeler. Improved the composite beam node numbering for cases with slip. Beams that tie into the composites are now properly numbered based on the stage in which the interface is added.
- Modeler. Joint internal additional pressure was incorrectly being accumulated if multiple stages had additional pressure. Fixed.
- Compute. Improved error handling for joint models with corrupted mesh. The engine would not crash anymore, but abort early during file reading with an error.
- Compute. Groundwater hydraulic functions for simple model other than “General” soil type were not working in the engine. Fixed.
- Modeler. Deleting SSR search areas through the menu did not work. Fixed.
- Compute. A fix to the liner hinge.
Phase2 8.004 – June 1 2011
- Fixed a bug that would cause the program to crash while importing properties from a Phase2 7 file.
- Compute. Improved the option to reduce stiffness of joints when failed in tension.
- Compute. The number of yielded joints was sometimes incorrectly written to file.
- Modeler/Interpreter. Number of yielded joints was reported incorrectly in the Infoviewer and on the status bar for multiple stage models.
- Modeler/Interpreter. Fixed a bug which didn’t allow custom resizing of property table tool cells and row heights.
- Modeler. Statistical variables with standard deviation of 0 are no longer used in file generation for probabilistic analysis
- Modeler. If user selected “Use GSI, mi, D” in statistical properties window, but didn’t add residual properties as variables, there was no way to define them later.
- Modeler. Redesigned Hoek-Brown parameters calculator window to allow users to define and save peak and residual parameters separately.
- Added residual Young’s modulus to the list of possible statistical variables.
- Modeler. Selected value was not immediately visible when clicking on GSI chart window. Windows Vista and 7 only.
- Interpret. About window would not show whether the application is 64 or 32 bit.
- Compute. About window would not show whether the application is 64 or 32 bit and Parallel or Sequential.
- Modeler. Fixed a bug where re-saving file with results would crash Interpret if user tried to open the file in it. This bug would only happen if a filename contains a ‘.’ in it.
- Modeler/Interpreter. Added “stage name” to dynamic text for Textbox tool.
- Modeler/Interpreter. Fixed a bug in the bolt properties table that displayed incorrect out of plane spacing
- Modeler/Interpreter. Fixed a bug in the bolt properties table with Bolt Model type
- Modeler/Interpreter. Added ability to see application of SSR for joints in the info viewer and joint properties table
- “Compute (groundwater only)” would do both the groundwater and stress analysis. Fixed.
- Compute. Fixed a bug in the implementation of changing modulus with depth.
Phase2 8.003 – April 28 2011
- Show failed joints did not work properly.
- Huge display spaces (large resolutions on large monitors) would have trouble rendering the CAD view. Fixed.
- Joint node numbering for multiple intersections of joints at the same point on the external boundary now properly handled.
Phase2 8.002 – April 20 2011
- Initial program release.
Version 7.020 - July 14 2011
- Compute. Fixed a bug in the implementation of changing modulus with depth.
- Support for multiple monitors.
- Phase2 import properties – will now change duplicated names of materials, liners, etc. to something unique (the original name + _1).
- Phase2 material properties bug –when ‘show used properties’ was checked and properties other than those that were shown had duplicate names, some bugs would occur. These are fixed.
- Model. Models with infinite elements and either composite beams with a joint or structural interfaces did not write the data file correctly. This resulted in either a crash or incorrect results. Fixed.
- Interpret. Log File window title would say “Info Viewer” and sometimes Log File window contents would also reset to Info Viewer results display.
- A fix to the liner hinge.
Version 7.019 - March 29 2011
- Modeler. The import of Slide files with a vertical seismic coefficient would flip the direction. This is because Slide’s convention is positive down and Phase2’s convention is positive up. Fixed.
- Modeler. When a stage where joint network is installed gets deleted, joint network is no longer visible, but is used in mesh construction. The joint network is now drawn in faded color allowing user to select it for editing or removal.
- Modeler/Compute. Improved the transfer of displacement to joint nodes that come into existence in a particular stage.
- Compute. In some cases running new instance of the engine could wipe out results of a model in the currently running engine.
- Compute. Slide 6 FEA engine and Phase2 engine shared the same temp folder. Running both engines at once could wipe out results of another instance. Fixed.
- All modules. Added error checking for “Access denied” case when saving or updating FEZ file. If a file is in system protected location or locked by another process, Phase2 would not report the error.
- Compute. Fixed a bug in axial stress calculation when using Area & Moment of Inertia option for plastic liners.
- Compute. Shear failure of bolts crossing joints had a small bug. The tensile strength used in the computation of K had the wrong sign.
Version 7.018 - January 18 2011
- Compute. Fixed a bug in axial stress calculation when using Area & Moment of Inertia option for plastic liners.
- Modeler. Staged displacement boundary condition where a node is free in one of the directions, would be incorrectly saved as having that direction pinned instead of free.
- Modeler. Pore pressure grid names can now start with a number.
- Interpret. Improved contouring speed.
Version 7.017 - November 25 2010
- Modeler. Fixed rendering of Windows visual styles for GUI which was broken in 7.015.
- All. Under rare circumstances Phase2 will fail to open a fez file and will pop up a message: System Error Code 131 “An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file”.
- Interpret. In axisymmetric models, the value for hoop moment and hoop axial force for the first component was written for all components when doing the copy function from the graph liner dialog. Fixed.
- Compute. The bolt-joint option for bolts had a bug for specific combination of rock and bolt strength. Fixed.
- Interpret. The strength factor contours for Generalized Hoek-Brown material model would display as a white patch when sigma3 was close to zero. Fixed.
Version 7.016 - September 12 2010
- Modeler: Import of RocData/RocLab data can now be converted according to the units used in Phase2 versus RocData/RocLab.
- Modeler: Program would crash when reading DXF files with certain rare geometry.
- Compute: Fitting of strength envelope for SSR files with Generalized Hoek-Brown materials was improved.
- Modeler: Expand/Shrink External boundary did not allow the typing in of coordinates. Fixed.
- Interpret: Drawing of the water table in a groundwater analysis would sometimes result in a mesh being drawn. Fixed.
- Interpret: Using Stage Settings and toggling between All Data and Displacements Only would result in an invalid contour range. Fixed.
- Model: Files with load splitting that were changed from multiple stage to single stage would retain the load splitting info but disable the load splitting dialog. Users can now edit load splitting data for single stage models.
Version 7.015 - August 5 2010
- Modeler/Compute: Added ability to disable tension cutoff for Hoek-Brown and Generalized Hoek-Brown materials.
- Compute: Fixed a bug in the Plain Strand Cable Bolt formulation that would sometimes cause numerical instabilities.
- Interpret: Fixed plotting of joint data on structural interfaces. This was broken in 7.014.
- Modeler: Sliding gap strain for liners can now be defined as a floating point value instead of an integer.
- Compute: Bug fix for 3 noded geotextile elements.
- Compute: Bug fix for Duncan-Chang material model when an element goes into tension.
Version 7.014 - March 29 2010
- Modeler: A bolt that intersects a structural interface at a node would sometimes write the incorrect element numbers to the data file and crash compute.
- Modeler: Removing the bolt at the same stage where it is installed would reset install stage to stage 1. Now the bolt will be completely un-installed from the model.
- Modeler: Fixed an incorrect example value in the Van Genuchten water parameter dialog.
- Modeler: Now reads transient water pressure grids from Slide 6 transient analyses.
- Compute: Fixed memory leak in formulation of shear bolts, tiebacks and cable bolts.
- Modeler: Fixed a bug with the staging of unit weight if the user starts deleting stages.
- Compute: A crash when using joint networks and bolts was fixed.
- Compute: Fixed bug in axisymmetric Bernoulli beams.
Version 7.013 - February 01 2010
- Modeler/Interpret: Now supports a greater number of different materials and liners in teh same model. 100 different materials up from 40.
- Modeler: Improved joint node numbering for joints that intersect at the external boundary.
- Modeler: Improved Slide file reader.
- Compute: Staged properties for hyperbolic joint properties had a bug. Fixed.
- Compute: Beam self-weight calculation had a bug if combined with the" Area and Inertia" cross-section option. Fixed.
- Compute: Hyperbolic non-linear material had a bug for high pretension loads. Fixed.
- Compute: Implemented more robust Intel solver to solve models with liners unattached to rock/soil.
- Modeler/Interpret. Fixed drawing of the infiltration groundwater boundary condition.
- Interpret: Added new options for plotting of trajectories. Can now scale them according to the stress state. Can now plot failure trajectories at points with factor of safety <1.0 and failed elements.
- New Help System.
Version 7.012 - November 30 2009
- Modeler: Added geometry cleanup option to Slide file import. It is on by default.
- Interpret: Fixed drawing of deformed mesh for models with joint elements.
- Modeler: Sometimes node number drawing at midside joint nodes would be incorrect.
- Interpreter: For support capacity plots, fixed the Filter Data by FS to work correctly with shear FS.
- Interpreter: Added coordinate update in the Support Capacity plots.
- Interpreter: Added the display of the force and moment data on the prompt line for picked liners.
- Compute: SSR with staged joint properties caused Compute to crash.
- Compute: Improved the face plate logic for bolt with face plates.
- Modeler: Generalized Hoek-Brown parameter calculator fixed for non MPa units.
- New Help System.
Version 7.011 - October 13 2009
- Modeler: Stage piezo lines was broken in the 7.010 update. Fixed.
- Modeler/Compute: If a bolt and joint intersect an excavation at the same point, and the bolt comes into existence prior to the material inside the excavation being excavated, the compute engine would crash. Fixed.
- Modeler/Compute: Improvements were made to bolts crossing structural interfaces and composite liners with joints. In the case of composite liners, the joint now effects the behavior of the bolt.
- Interpreter: Spring forces would not display when selected in the Show Values dialog. Fixed.
Version 7.010 - September 29 2009
- Compute: Optimized shape function calculations (solid calculations only). Improved speed by ~ 10%
- Compute:Fixed bug for bolts crossing joints that are excavated.
- Compute: Axial force calculations in shear bolts more accurate.
- Compute: Cam-Clay model was improved.
- Modeler:A bug when switching between bolt types when bolts are set to elastic was fixed in the bolt properties dialog.
- Modeler/Interpreter: Number of nodes and elements reported in Info Viewer and status bar now include joint elements.
- Modeler: Fixed Voronoi joint network generation. For very dense networks some segments of Voronoi cells were discarded during generation process.
- Modeler: Phase2 import of Slide files with geotextiles would not correctly install the geotextiles.
- Compute: Locked in stresses for models with field stress and a groundwater analysis were written to the data file with the wrong sign. Fixed.
- Interpreter: Added the ability to add grid lines to graphs.
Version 7.009 - July 24 2009
- Compute: Fixed bug for liners with internal hinges.
- Modeler: Added right-click menu option for bolts to reset removal stage.
- Interpreter: Would sometimes crash when opening large files. Fixed.
Version 7.008 - July 13 2009
- Interpret: Would not run under Vista32.
Version 7.007 - July 7 2009
- Under rare circumstances the clipboard would be corrupted. Fixed.
- Excel charting of multiple datasets would sometimes not work with Excel 2007.
- Modeler/Compute:If the first material was not being used in a groundwater analysis, warnings would result in the groundwater compute engine.
- Modeler:The combo box for the groundwater analysis permeability function, in the groundwater properties dialog, would disappear if the check box for show used properties was checked.
- Compute: Pressurized joints when used with groundwater analysis computed pore pressures did not work.
- Modeler/Interpreter. Material properties table now lists material's groundwater parameters.
- Modeler. Advanced discretization (regions) did not work if there were any Joint Networks present.
- Modeler. Increase Discretization Density did not work on Joint Network boundaries.
- Modeler. Improved joint set selection in Joint Network dialog.
- Modeler. Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when deleting dimensioning tool by clicking on it and hitting DELETE key.
- Interpret. When opening large fez files (compressed), a progress bar appears sooner and Interpret doesn't appear to be frozen.
- Fixed a bug with the spacing of parallel statistical joints when their inclination was 0 degrees. In previous versions the spacing would be constant (the mean value) whether or not a user specified a statistical distribution.
- Added the ability to specify cross-jointed bedding networks with fixed spacing for the cross joints and offset adjacent rows of cross joints.
- A bug in updating the tensile strength for Hoek-Brown materials was fixed.
- Modeler. Selecting Delete Stages in the project settings dialog would sometimes crash teh program.
- Compute. Staged groundwater boundary conditions now works properly.
- Compute:Fixed bug for residual strength of bolts crossing joints.
- Compute: Fixed a problem with pretensioning bolts and the redistribution of shear force when a bolt yields.
- Security system update to allow for educational updates and improve commercial network version.
Version 7.006 - May 4 2009
- Compute: Resetting of joint nodal displacement (slaving) did not work correctly with backfilled joints.
- Compute: Improvement to Swellex and Tieback bolts to better handle shear failure.
- Compute: Improvement to Queens cable bolt model.
- Interpret: Fixed a drawing issue with ponded water loads.
- Modeler: Groundwater Seepage Face boundary condition is now the default when doing infiltration.
- Interpret/Modeler: Fixed Interpret Print To Scale option that was always disabled. You can now define scale for printing by going to File -> Print Scale. Added Print Scale to Modeler.
- Interpret: Fixed Interpret Zoom Lock feature that was always disabled. Zoom Lock allows one to maintain the same viewing window between 2 or more side-by-side windows.
- Interpret: Added new title block with "Scale" box to show user defined print scale. This is now the default footer for CAD view in both Modeler and Interpret.
- Interpret: Can now see the yielding of bolts across a joint. They are drawn as failed in the region around the joint-bolt intersection.
- Interpret: Can now toggle on/off element numbers and markers in the liner/joint/bolt graphs. Improved the plot generation speed.
- Modeler: In the Project Summary form (Analysis/Project Settings/Project Summary) horizontal scrolling is not working, neither by horizontal slider nor automatically when typing in Project Title and other fields. Fixed.
- Model: The writing of staged liner material properties sometimes didn't work correctly.
- Compute: When computing groundwater with Intel solver, program used to abort when there were no restraints. This is fixed. Program no longer aborts but returns 0 head for all nodes (same as non-Intel solver).
- Modeler: In Add Vertex mode Snap option was applied always, even when coordinates were entered through prompt line. This prevented users from entering new vertices close to existing vertices. Also there’s now a message telling user if inserted vertex already exist instead of generic message “Point is not on any boundary”.
- Interpret: Improved the generation of flow lines, the agorithm now uses Runge Kutta integration with adaptive stepsize. The old algorithm (Euler integration) sometimes resulted in flowlines that crossed.
- Interpret: Added the ability to plot major prinmciple stress flow lines. Look in the Analysis menu under Stress Flow.
- Updated Help system with new tutorials.
Version 7.005 - February 2 2009
- Modeler: Midside node numbering problem with structural interfaces fixed.
- Compute: Fixed a bug with the Intel solver when using displacement boundary conditions. Program gave wrong results.
- Modeler: Fixed a bug when exporting to a Slide file when no finite-element mesh existed. The program would crash.
- Compute/Modeler: Bolts would sometime crash compute due to a bug in writing them in the modeler. Excavated elements would be written in the list of elements crossed.
- Modeler/Interpret: DXF import was improved to get rid of memory leakage.
- Modeler:.A bug that caused the program to crash when using secondary bond length was fixed.
- Modeler:.A bug that caused the program to crash when using mapped meshing and nodal forces was fixed.
- Updated Help system.
Version 7.004 - December 15 2008
- Modeler: Selecting Voronoi joint network would crash the program.
Version 7.003 - December 12 2008
- Modeler: In the joint network dialog added ability to randomize all joint sets of a joint network. Clicking on the arrow of the "Randomize" button brings up menu with Randomize All or Randomize Current Set choices.
- Modeler/Interpret: Fixed circle tool. Rectangular bounding box was always drawn around the circle/oval, while it is only supposed to show up when adding or editing the tool.
- Modeler: Fixed nodes/elements indicator on status bar was not updating after using right-click menu to increase element density of SSR zone
- Modeler: Fixed a refine mesh problem. Inverted elements were being created.
- Modeler. Change was made to allow user to select "Automatically Mesh" option when importing Slide files that have existing groundwater mesh without resetting boundary conditions.
- Modeler. Improved Geometry Cleanup feature. It now deletes end segments below the threshold distance and also snaps vertices to segments if they are within the threshold distance. Added option to run the cleaner multiple times for more thorough results.
- Modeler: For Joint networks, changed the trace plane convention so that Trace Plane Dip Direction points into the screen (and not out of the screen).
- Modeler: For joint networks, fixed a bug with Baecher networks that caused joint traces not to be plotted whenever the dip direction of a joint was parallel to trace plane dip direction.
- Modeler/Compute: The groundwater pressure inside joints can be factored at stages.
- Modeler/Compute: Secondary grout length for tieback bolts has been implemented.
- Compute: Fixed speed issue on Vista 64 bit computers with more than 4GB of memory. Engine with Intel solver was performing a lot slower than non-Intel version due to incorrectly determined available memory.
- Compute: Small bug fix in plain strand cable bolts.
- Interpret: Interpret. Added ability to export all or selected lines, queries and tools to a separate file so that they can be imported later into another model. Lines, queries and tools can now be imported from another Phase2 7 fez file.
- Modeler/Interpret. Fixed circle tool. Rectangular bounding box was always drawn around the circle/oval, while it is only supposed to show up when adding or editing the tool.
- All modules. Fixed minor potential memory leaks.
- Modeler: Fixed a bug in the mesher, sometimes holes would be created inside the mesh.
- Modeler: New boundary simplification option has been added.
- Updated Help system.
Version 7.002 - October 28 2008
- Modeler: Midside node numbering problem with composite liners.
- Modeler: Joint plasticity was not set correctly when using SSR search regions.
- Modeler: In the Reinforcement database dialog, the title of the Designation group box always says Designation (Imperial) even if you select Metric.
- Modeler: Fixed a bug where rectangle for joint network generation would always stretch to point 0,0.
- Modeler: Improved mesh smoothing to prevent inverted elements. This mostly affects models with joint networks that didn’t compute.
- Modeler: A bug in the geometry cleaning would prevent overlapping line segments from being deleted.
- Modeler: Composite liners with multiple liners and slip between liners did not install correctly if all the liners were installed in the same stage.
- Modeler: Help links for Material, Joint, Bolt, and Liner Properties dialog have been fixed.
- Modeler: Fixed removal of overlapping joint network sets. Previously user was asked the question, but the sets were not removed.
- Modeler/Interpreter: Info Viewer display options allow to add/remove various sections with information.
- Compute: Conjugate gradient solver did not work. Fixed.
- Compute: Cable truss liners can have only tensile axial forces.
- Interpret: Support capacity plots didn’t work with composite liners with joints.
- Interpreter: Fixed bug with displacement vectors not scaled properly if the absolute maximum value is below 1e-6.
- Interpreter: Support capacity envelopes now support staged liner material properties. The envelope will change depending on the properties of the stage being plotted.
- Interpreter: A crash when drawing joint slip directions has been fixed.
- Interpreter: Improved drawing of joint slip directions.
- More tutorials added and an updated Help system.
- Compute: Under certain conditions, hinges would not work correctly. Fixed.
- Interpret: Ponded water loads would sometimes be drawn with twice the load applied. This had no effect on the analysis results. Fixed.
- Modeler: Fixed a bug that caused incorrect material assignment on some elements after restoring a previous state with Undo or Redo function. This would happen only if the mesh had one or more bad triangular elements.
- Compute: Staging of material properties of geotextiles caused the compute engine to crash. Fixed.
- Interpret: Fixed a bug that isoline export would only export a portion of the isoline.
- Updated technical support dialog.
- Added new stress verification examples (#16-Classical beam verification and #17-Tunnel stability in purely cohesive soil)
- Compute: Negative value had to be specified for pre-tension forces in Swellex bolts. Changed to be consistent with other bolt models.
- Compute: Euler (classical) beam had a problem in yielding. Fixed.
- Compute: Pressurized joints incorrectly accumulated the pore pressure from stage to stage. Fixed.
- Compute: The effect of porewater pressure in joints had a bug. Fixed.
- Compute: Engine was crashing when seepage calculations were aborted. Fixed.
- Compute: Bending moments for liner elements had a bug for the "Area and moment of inertia" option. Fixed.
- Compute: The unloading-reloading stress paths were different for Duncan-Chang. Now they're the same.
- Compute: Yield flags for liner elements had a bug for SSR analyses. Fixed.
- Compute: The Duncan-Chang material model had a bug for a specific case in which initial loading is set to "body force and field stress" and material cohesion is zero. Fixed.
- Modeler: Fixed a bug where Duncan-Chang Hyperbolic model was not allowed with Axisymmetric model.
- New tutorial on flow through a levee (including a toe drain) was added to the Help.
- Modeler. A bug was introduced in 6.021 which prevented user to add a row with stage factors of all 1’s in Staged Material Properties dialog.
- Compute: Yield flags for solid elements had a bug when materials changed properties with stages. Fixed.
- Compute: Duncan-Cheng material model had a cut-off value for the maximum initial stiffness(Ke*Patm). This cut-off has been removed.
- Compute: For composite liners with joints, there was a bug in the calculation of liner axial forces when the joint is pressurized by a water table. Fixed.
- Compute: There was a bug in the calculation of body forces for Timoshenko beam elements. Fixed.
- Compute: The seepage face condition check box for the infiltration boundary condition was not working. Fixed.
- Compute: Yield flags for solid elements were not working correctly. Fixed.
- Interpret: Copy Data for liners did not work under certain circumstances.
- Modeler/Compute/Interpret: Strain sign convention now updated to match the stress convention. compression +.
- Compute: Tension yield flag did not work when changing materials. Fixed.
- Compute: Infinite elements had a bug in analyzing multi-stage models. Fixed.
- Compute: Infinite elements did not work for plasticity material models. Fixed.
- Compute: There was a bug in calculating liner axial forces and bending moment for models that combine geosynthetic and regular liners. Fixed.
- Modeler/Compute/Interpret: There is a new boundary condition for liners. It specifys fixed liner rotation.
- Updated Modeler/Interpreter printing to be compatible with Adobe PDF driver.
- Help system updated. New Groundwater verifications. Updated stress analysis verification #10. New strain equations document.
- Compute: Effective stress ratios combined with groundwater finite-element generated pore rpessures did not work. Fixed.
- Compute: there is now an option in the advanced SSR properties for allowing the factoring of Mohr-Coulomb tensile strength. By default the tensile strength is now factored. This can be turned off so that tensile strength is not factored.
- Modeler: When importing Slide files, an option has been added to the import dialog to allow the user to see all the assumptions made during import.
- Compute: A bug fixed was related to Duncan-Chang material with only body forces.
- Compute: Tie-back bolt forces were not computed correctly for cases in which large bolt shear stiffness values are specified.
- Modeler: Negative dilation parameters can now be defined for a material.
- Help system updated. Updated Strut tutorial to include mention of Automatic Liner Removal. Improved Sliding Gap documentation.
- Compute: A bug with incorrect results for Duncan-Chang material under unloading condition was corrected.
- Compute: The accelerated routine to reduce the computational time for SSR was not working for cases with groundwater analysis. It is fixed.
- Compute/Modeler: A modification to Duncan-Chang material model to have the possibility to assign either constant or stress dependent Poisson’s ratio.
- Compute: Self weight for 3 noded Timoshenko beam elements attached to 6 noded triangles was not computed correctly.
- Modeler: Import of Examine2D files added.
- Help system updated.
- Groundwater Compute: Version 5 Phase2 files would sometimes crash the program.
- Compute:Duncan-Chang materials with a groundwater seepage analysis would crash the program.
- Modeler: Added warning when ratio of the model coordinates to the model dimensions is too large. Warning appears after adding an external boundary either manually or from a DXF.
- Help system updated.
- New slope stability verification examples have been added.
- Modeler: Staged moment boundary condition was not written correctly to the file for any stage after stage 1.
- Compute: Tiebacks with out of plane spacing greater than 1 did not work correctly.
- Modeler: A new option for the adding of a linearly varying head boundary condition in a groundwater analysis has been added.
- Interpreter: more keyboard shortcuts were added to main menu items.
- Interpreter: Dimensioning, polyline and polygon tools did not display proper units.
- Modeler/Interpreter: Improved tabs for multiple windows - tabs are now reduced in size to fit in window
- Interpret: When editing tools, line styles other than "solid line" can be picked for line thickness of more than 1 pixel.
- Interpret:"Enlargement factor" option was missing from Image Export feature for charts.
- New Help system updated.
- Interpret. "Copy Data" option that puts data from material queries to Windows Clipboard is now presented in tabular form for easier export to spread sheet programs.
- A bug with out of plane spacing and swellex bolts was fixed.
- Compute: A bug with incorrect results for a swellex bolt with a pull-out force added is fixed.
- Compute: SSR analyses with Duncan-Chang materials is now supported.
- Modeler: Default values for swellex bolt properties have been modified based on information supplied by Atlas Copco.
- fez file reading and writing has been improved to better handle network drives.
- Interpreter: Ctrl-S keyboard shortcut now saves the Tools file.
- Modeler: Ctrl-T keyboard shortcut now runs Compute (now consistent with Slide).
- Compute: 2 noded liners with tractions on them gave wrong axial forces.
- Compute/Interpret: Improved log files for SSR analyses.
- Update to the security class. Improved error messages for hardlocks and commercial network licenses.
- Compute: Multi-stage groundwater analyses would crash the Interpreter.
- Compute: Progress bar did not update correctly for multi-stage groundwater analyses.
- Modeler: Allow negative values for m and n parameters of Hyperbolic Duncan-Chang material model.
- Modeler: Default values of tolerance and number of iterations for custom SSR analyses is changed from 100 to 500 iterations and a tolerance of 0.002 to 0.001.
- Interpreter: Fixed precision issue in tools file. The precision for location of tool objects was not adequate. This especially affects contour labels.
- Interpreter: Fixed phantom contour label at position 1,1 from appearing in the Tools file.
- Modifications to material input dialogs for specifying input properties for Cam Clay and Modified Cam Clay materials.
a. Ability to either specify initial stress conditions for a Cam Clay and Modified Cam Clay material through preconsolidation pressure or through overconsolidation ratio.
b. Ability to enter either specific volume of the normal compression line at unit pressure, N, or specific volume of the Critical State Line at unit pressure.
- Specification of either constant shear modulus or constant Poisson’s ratio for Cam Clay and Modified Cam Clay strength models.
- More robust and efficient approach (stress point return algorithm) for integrating Cam Clay and Modified Cam Clay constitutive models over finite strain increments.
- Option to automatically select convergence criterion, tolerance value, and maximum number of iterations for Shear Strength Reduction (SSR) analysis in Project Settings dialog.
- Option to speed up factor of safety calculations using SSR by halving number of iterations in subsequent load steps once solution does not converge during a load step.
- For structural interfaces and composite liners, ability to apply water pressures in joint to only an adjacent liner (and not to surrounding continuum / solid elements).
- Application of distributed loads directly to liner or structural interface elements. When distributed load is applied, if a Liner or Structural Interface is active in that stage, it will applied directly to liner element, otherwise it will be applied to the solid element.
- Ability to use effective stress ratios for models involving finite element seepage analysis.
- Improved tolerance and iteration factors for SSR analyses.
- Improved help system including new tutorials.
- Modeler/Interpreter. Data tips state is applied to ALL documents instead just the current one.
- Modeler. Discharge sections can be added as polylines instead of just lines as previously. Total discharge and discharge per segment values are displayed in Interpreter.
- Modeler. Fixed a problem when files in compressed fez format could not be saved on to a network share. The problem showed only with certain combinations of network permissions and antivirus program settings.
- Modeler/Interpreter. Page setup settings were not saved after a program exited.
- Modeler/Interpreter. "Show Coordinates" feature has been added to both Modeler and Interpreter. All boundary coordinates are displayed in the Infoviewer by default. This can changed in Preferences. Coordinates can also be displayed on screen for all or selected boundaries.
- Modeler. Added option to change Structural Interface orientation. Also added display options to show Structural Interface's orientation and expand structural interface's display to its components.
- Modeler. Fixed Ponded Water Load creation when importing some Slide models with geotextiles.
- Modeler/Interpreter. Fixed a problem where Infoviewer would truncate some information at the end for multistage models.
- Modeler. Improved file saving speed for large models with "Use actual ground surface" option in the Field Stress.
- Modeler. Fixed a problem where midside node groundwater boundary conditions were not loaded properly. If you saved a file and then loaded it again, groundwater boundary conditions were gone.
- Modeler. Fixed a problem where a distributed load applied to a structural interface boundary was not properly saved.
- Interpreter. "Liner Numbers" display option now actually shows liner numbers instead of only liner node numbers as before.
- Interpreter. "Show Yielded Liners" option was fixed. It was not flagging all yielded liner elements before. Some of the liner elements could be shown as yielded in one stage and not yielded in the next stage.
- Modeler. Added option to automatically add midside nodes to imported Slide models with FEA groundwater.
- Modeler. Fixed automatic bolt installation/uninstallation. Sometimes changing installation stage of a bolt would randomly change installation stage of another bolt.
- Interpreter. Fixed a bug where for certain models with intersecting joints installed in different stages results could not be displayed in Interpret.
- Interpreter. Maximum Shear Strain was calculated incorrectly for axisymmetric models.
- Gravitational stress fields with both ground surface elevation and effective stress ratios defined gave garbage results. If the actual ground surface was used with effective stress ratios, then the results were fine. Fixed.
- Now supports multiple HASPHL locks on the same USB hub.
- Compute: Duncan-Chang materials would sometimes crash the compute engine. Fixed.
- Interpret: Normal and shear displacements on a joint did not plot at all.
- Compute: Pressurized joints incorrectly accumulated the pore pressure from stage to stage. Fixed.
- Added HASPHL hardlock support
- Interpret: In some very rare cases, the display of factor of safety for Generalized Hoek-Brown materials was incorrect.
- Model: Joint renumbering bug. Excavating a joint did not reset the node numbering if the region around the joint was backfilled.
- Model: Improved the way restraints are restored on external boundary when remeshing.
- Model: Additional pressure inside a joint option did not work correctly.
- Compute: Pressurized joints did not work correctly.
- Compute: Duncan-chang multistaging with plasticity did not work correctly.
- Interpret: Files with liners with axisymmetry crashed.
- Interpret: Files with infinite elements crashed.
- Interpret: Files with SSR and finite element groundwater crashed.
- Interpret: Printing by hitting "Printer" toolbar button sometimes prints the wrong window.
- Interpret: The command prompt text shows up in bold now just like in Modeler.
- Model/Interpret: Faster file reading. Interpret is now faster when switching stage tabs and when switching data type. Especially if there are joints or structural interfaces in the file.
- Model: Load splitting coupled with effective horizontal stress ratios for gravitational initial stresses did not work properly. Fixed.
- Model: Pore pressures defined using grids or Ru factors were not split when using load splitting. Only pore pressures defined using piezo lines were split correctly. Fixed.
- Model: Bolts that cross elements that were attached to joints or structural interfaces did not work correctly if elements on either side of the joint were excavated.
- Model: GHB materials during import of Slide files are given a default modulus more indicative of rock.
- Model: The import of Slide files would sometimes crash. Fixed.
- Model/Interpret: Print Header/Footer did not work correctly when metric units were used. Fixed.
- Model: Bolt installation stage was not working correctly for bolts crossing previously excavated regions.
- Model/Interpret: Menu checkmarks would sometimes not be rendered correctly.
- Compute: Acceleration of the SSR analysis by reducing the number of iterations after failure was removed. It would create odd looking (although not inaccurate) results.
- Compute: Pretensioning of swellex bolts did not work correctly.
- Model: Phase2 would crash if Enter key was pressed with Infoviewer up.
- Interpret: The material name of an excavated region in the Infoviewer was not correct.
- Interpret: Changed default animation time to 0.5 seconds instead of 0 seconds.
- Model: Internet update would crash the modeler.
- Model/Interpret: Hatching of ponded water when joints existed did not work correctly.
- Compute: A bug introduced in version 5.047 for liner with plastic material type is fixed.
- Model: The Piezo indices were not being updated correctly during cycles of deleting and adding of the piezometric boundaries.
- Modeler - DXF import of Arcs was improved.
- Compute: Fixed a strain calculation problem for 6-noded axisymmetric element.
- Model: DXF import has been improved to include support for ARCS and CIRCLES. Polylines with arcs are now supported. Discretization of arcs is controled through the Preferences dialog in the File menu.
- Model: Residual tensile capacity would not be disabled for elastic swellex/split-set bolts.
- Model: The compressive strength parameter for the Hoek-Brown failure criterion caused confusion. This parameter is the unconfined compressive strength of intact rock. To reduuce the confusion, the label for the parameter has been changed from compressive strength to Intact UCS.
- Compute: Plate force for Swellex/Split-Set bolts was not being applied at the face of an excavation. This is fixed.
- Interpret. If staged material properties were defined for a material, the strength factor calculations would, incorrectly, use the properties applicable to the previous stage. This is fixed. Files do not need to be re-computed, but should be re-examined in the Interpreter
- Model: DXF import of bolts has been improved. Added option to Preferences "Automatically clip bolts when added". If selected, newly added bolts will be clipped to excavation boundaries and to stage boundaries. The option is turned off by default.
- Model: DXF Import and Export of pinned joints was inconsistent with the layer name.
- Model: Interval on the ruler was fixed in Modeler. Previously the default
was set to 8 divisions (as for imperial units). Now the interval is 10
- Model: Reducing the number of stages to 1 when you had liners installed in a stage greater than one would result in a case where you could not install the liner in stage 1.
- Compute: For brittle materials with a residual strength less than the peak, if tensile failure occurs, the materials strength was not being reduced to the residual strength envelope.
- Interpret: The units for joint cohesion were incorrect in the Infoviewer. The problem was only with the text displayed for the units in the Infoviewer. The value shown in the infoviewer, and the results were not effected. Files do not need to be re-computed.
- Interpret: Effective Sigma Z was actually showing Sigma Z. This problem was introduced in version 5.036, and is now fixed. (viewing "szz" user data was not effected, and the calculation of the strength factor was not effected. Only viewing "effective sigma z" was effected). Files do not need to be re-computed, but should be re-interpreted if results from effective sigma Z were used.
- Model: In version 5.043 we broke the pore pressure grid functionality when we fixed the composite liners.
- Model/Compute:Previous to version 5.043, pore pressures were not calculated correctly, if the model also had composite liners that had a "Composite Type" that included " with slip". In order to cause a problem, the composite liner had to be used in the model (only defining it in the dialog did not cause problems).To fix the problem read in any old files, re-save, and re-compute the files.
- Interpret:Fixed the strength factor calculations in Phase2 interpreter. Lode angle should be limited to a range of PI/6 and –PI/6 for both Mohr-Coulomb and Hoek-Brown failure equations.
- Compute: Swellex bolts with zero residual capacity did not yield thus behaving elastically.
- Compute: If the value of the Mohr-Coulomb Tensile strength was being staged (changed from stage to stage), the program did not use the updated tensile strength, only the original. Fixed.
- Interpret: When copying liner data, the coordinates of the nodes are now listed. Previously, only the node numbers were listed.
- Model: Pinned joint ends is now the default. Joints that do not end at a free face or another joint should be pinned. If the ends are not pinned, gaps open in the mesh and invalid result files can be generated.
- Model: Staging of joint properties did not work correctly if the joint was part of a composite liner and there were no natural or artificial joints in the model.
- Interpret: Bolt results would not be read if ".fea" occurred anywhere in the
path (i.e.. if one of the folders had .fea in the name). Fixed.
- Model: Snap did not work on a vertex that was already selected. This made moving vertices to coincide with another vertex hard. This is fixed.
- Compute: Pretensioning of bolts has been enhanced. In version 5.037, pretensioning became a boundary condition, meaning the axial force in the bolt was equal to the pretensioning force at the end of the installation stage. Prior to version 5.037, the pretensioning force was applied at the beginning of the stage, but deformation could affect the final axial force in the bolt at the end of the stage. Since instances exist where both methods are required, we now offer a "Constant Force in Install Stage" check box in the pretensioning area. If the check box is enabled, the axial force is equal to the pretensioning force at the end of the installation stage while if the box is unchecked, deformation will effect the pretensioning force.
- Model/Interpret: File reading speed has been improved.
- Model/Interpret: When files are opened, a progress bar now reports the status of the file reading. Large files would often take a long time to load when the user pressed the Interpret button in the Modeler. The result being that the user would think the file wasn't loading or the Interpreter wasn't working.
- All: Multiple serial number support.
- Interpret: A bug with the display of axial forces and moments through the "show values option" is fixed. Sometimes the forces/moments would be plotted on the wrong side of the excavation.
- Model: Pore pressures for the nodes on the edge of an excavated boundary could have lower pore pressures than expected. To fix the problem files should be opened, re-saved with the latest version of Phase2, and re-computed. Only nodes on the boundary between an excavated region, and a region filled with material are effected.
- Interpret: Improved the warning dialog for non-convergence in the plasticity calculations in the finite-element computation. Also added a section to the help file explaining the possible reasons for non-convergence.
- Model: Improved DXF import and Export. Program now exports Autocad Polyline entities for exterior, excavation, material, stage, piezo, and joint boundaries instead og Autocad Line entities. This makes it easier to transfer DXF files between Slide and Phase2.
- Model:Pinned and artificial joints now supported through DXF import. If the joint is not on an appropriate layer, the program will ask for the type of joint. New layer names have also been added for pinned and artificial joints. See the help system for these layer names.
- Model: Program would crash if the Infoviewer was up and you hit Undo or changed the number of stages in the Project Settings dialog.
- Model:Materials that had an Initial Element Loading of "Body Force Only" or "None", and also had "Custom Load Split" checked, would act as if they had the load split turned on, regardless of whether the "Enable Load Split" checkbox was checked or not. (i.e.. de-selecting the "global" Enable Load Split checkbox would not turn off the load split for these materials). The problem would only occur the first time the file was saved. If the file was opened, and re-saved, the problem would not occur.
- Compute: Springs with plasticity still did not work correctly. They are now fixed.
- Compute: In some cases, the pretensioning would not work correctly. This bug was introduced in version 5.037.
- Interpreter: The drawing of "show values" was improved for liners. Previously, if an excavation had liners around the entire perimeter, a gap would appear in the show values line (the gap would appear between the first and last points that were entered, when the excavation was created). The gap does appear anymore.
- Modeler: "Piezos by stage" did not show the piezo lines for materials that used the "peizo to use" setting, but did not have "stage piezo lines" checked. This only affected the display in the Modeler; results were not affected.
- Compute: Pretensioning bolts to a particular load in a stage now ensures that the load in the bolt at the end of the stage is the pretensioning force.
- Compute: Springs when used in models with plasticity did not work correctly.
- Compute: Displacements at a node are now reset to zero if the node is physically removed from the analysis through excavation.
- Compute: A bug with stiffness formulation for Swellex bolts was fixed.
- Modeler/Interpreter: Nodal Forces were not being read from the file correctly, if "stage nodal forces" was used (via checkbox in the "Nodal Forces" dialog). Forces are stored in the .fea file as cumulative values. Previously they were read in as absolute values, now they are read in (properly) as cumulative values. Any files that use staged nodal forces are affected by this change.
- Interpreter: The display of the values of forces was improved (changed from "%.2f" to "%g").
- Interpreter: The "Yielded Elements" data type now considers shear and/or tension failure in the solid elements for the calculation of the value. Previously, only shear failure was considered.
- Interpreter: The "Yielded Elements" data type did not work properly for differential stages (i.e. when using reference stages).
- Interpreter: Pore pressure did not contour properly when there were both piezo lines and infinite elements used in a model.
- Interpreter: Strength Factor was calculated using the original material properties, even if factors were defined for stage material properties. The staged properties are now used.
- Interpreter: When plotting queries, you can now choose between effective and total stress, when plotting the normal and shear stress on a line (useful for models with groundwater).
- Interpreter: New user-data variables.
- "evol" - which is the same as the "volumetric strain" data type.
- "emax" - which is the same as the "maximum shear strain" data type.
- Interpreter: Strength Factor is now calculated using effective stress. Previously the calculations had used total stress. Models that had groundwater will have different values for strength factor because of this change.
- New Feature: Residual strengths can now be defined for both end-anchored and swellex bolts.
- New Feature: In custom load splitting, you can now apply the split to either body forces or initial stresses or both.
- New Feature: You can now Pause the compute engine while it is computing or put it into an IDLE state.
- Compute: Improved the transfer of stiffness from the bolt elements to the solid elements.
- Compute: In some cases, on slower machine, the compute engine would finish but the customer could not open the results for a few seconds. File writing is now better synced with program termination.
- Modeler: Custom Field Stress Properties, and Groundwater properties were only read from the file for the first 10 materials. This is fixed.
- Intepreter: Labelling of the bolt forces (show values) would sometimes not be in the correct location.
- Interpeter: User Data equations greater than 80 characters had problems.
- Intepreter: x,y location added to the list of user data available data.
- Compute: Cable bolt elements did not use the out of plane spacing. Now they do.
- Modeler: Having the Infoviewer up while trying to edit geometry caused problems with screen updates and was extremely slow.
- Interpret: Polygon fill was not saved to the tools file.
- Interpret: Copy of the screen image to the clipboard would clip the legend so that it was not entirely visible (unless it was docked).
- Interpret: When plotting horizontal and vertical displacements, the contour range would pick up the sign even though the values are absolute.
- Compute: Brittle plastic, liners where the residual strength is less than the peak, now properly use the residual strength when they yield.
- Compute: Liners now reported as yield if they break in tension.
- Compute: The staging of liner strength properties for plastic beams did not work correctly.
- Compute: Improvements made to the Cable bolt model to improve accuracy.
- Compute: Sign convention of all the bolt models now consistent.
- Model: Improved the joint properties dialog for staging joint properties. Customers would commonly not set the starting stage for slip resulting in elastic joints even though they had set there joints to be plastic. Now the joint dialog starts the joints out as being plastic in stage 1 for staged properties and plastic joints.
- Compute: Swellex bolt element that fails in tension was not working correctly.
- Compute: Sign convention for axial force diagram for Swellex bolt was made similar to other bolt models.
- Compute: Delete liner element will crash the engine. This bug is introduced in version 5.03.
- Interpret: Minimum value of shear force diagram for Swellex/Cable bolt was given for wrong location.
- Interpret: Deformation vector and stress/displacement diagram for joint elements were plotted for excavated elements. This bug is introduced in version 5.03.
- Interpret: Joint normal and shear displacement were shown for excavated joint elements. This is fixed
- Compute: Timoshenko beam elements with midside nodes (used with 6 and 8 noded solid elements) did not work correctly. This bug was introduced in version 5.03.
- Compute: Improvements to the bolt models. A complete check of the code for the bolt elements was done. A verification example, dealing with the split set/swellex model, was added to the verification manual.
- Compute: Pull-out force and pretensioning now works correctly for the split-set/swellex bolts.
- Model: Bolt end points can now both lie on exterior boundary.
- Model: Snap is on by default.
- Model: Reading version 4 files that had sliver elements did not work correctly.
- Model: Checks for invalid cable bolt data have been added. Specifically, cable diameter=borehole diameter and zero water to cement ratio.
- Model: Boundary conditions for nodes on the exterior boundary that did not exist in stage 1 were not being applied correctly when they came into existence.
- Model: Residual plastic material properties were being updated to the peak values when changes were made to the peak values. This no longer occurs.
- Model: Fixed a bug with a joint spanning the external boundary. It would not get clipped.
- Model: Made DXF layer naming consistent.
- Model: Improved undo/redo. If multiple instances of the modeler were running, the undo/redo could be corrupted.
- Model: Bolt import from a DXF file would incorrectly switch the end points during the clipping process. This was introduced in version 5.024.
- Interpret: Switched the shear force convention to be consistent with moments.
- Interpret: A note was added to make it clear that differential bolt data is not calculated when doing differential stresses/displacements through the stage settings dialog.
- Interpret: A rare problem with graphing moments in liners was fixed. Sometimes the nodes where not being graphed in the right order according to distance along the boundary.
- Compute: Split set and cable bolts now use relative displacements from the time of installation.
- Compute: Shear forces in liners have been improved by minimizing shear locking.
- Compute: Water and quad elements was not working correctly.
- Model: Added a new option for applying pseudo-static seismic loading. You can now apply the load in the stage of your choosing.
- Model: When changing the number of stages the load split would be reset. This has been changed such that it is no longer reset.
- Interpret: Graphing and copying data (such as bolt data, or query data) did not work in the last stage for 50 stages models. Only files that used 50 stages were affected. (50 is the maximum number of stages allowed in Phase2 5.0).
- Model: Material boundaries entered before the existence of an external boundary would crash the program. This bug was introduced in version 5.024. This bug showed up during both material boundary entry and DXF import and is now fixed.
- Model: Axisymmetric models with materials with custom gravitational field stresses did not work correctly if the horizontal stress ratio was not equal to 1.
- Compute: If plastic liners were added in any other stage but the first, there existed the possibility that the engine would incorrectly report that a yielded liner did not yield. This resulted in the "Display yielded liners" option in the Interpreter not correctly showing which liners had yielded. This in no way effects the stress, moment or displacement results in the analysis which correctly account for the yielding of the liners. This has been fixed.
- Model: Stage and material boundaries that are completely outside the exterior boundary are now properly removed.
- Compute: User-defined number of load steps now works correctly.
- Interpret: Maximum value quoted on status bar could be too large when using reference stages (data types affected were: x,y,total displacements, total head, pressure head, pore pressure).
- Interpret: In some cases, files with infinite elements may cause the Interpreter to crash.
- Model: A bug with how stresses and body forces were handled for elements that change materials between stages was fixed. In all cases the stresses and body forces are reset to the initial element loading state.
- Model: A bug with the reset of the default initial element loading state after using the field stress menu was fixed.
- Model: Residual values of strength parameters are no longer limited to values less than the peak.
- Model: DXF import of material boundaries no longer require the existance of an external boundary.
- Model/Interpret: Initial printing configuration is now set properly.
- Interpret: A bug with the update of contour labels between stages has been fixed.
- Improved performance for beige hardlocks.
- Update to auto-update code and nodelock code.
- Bug fix for network version and path path dialog.
- Model: New and improved help system.
- Compute: The Split Set/Swellex bolt model was improved and fixed for cases with face plates.
- Interpret: When using references stages, a graph of a query would not properly label the available plots according to the reference stage. The output graph and data were fine, just a labelling problem.
- Model: Greatly improved the speed of saving files with pore pressures. If you have multiple stages and files with piezo lines, then saving the file will be a lot faster.
- Interpret: Under certain circumstances, material line geometry would not be clipped correctly resulting in portions of the lines being visible inside excavations.
- Interpret: ComboBox on Toolbar (to select the visible data) did not show all of the items, if there were a large number of user data items. Fixed.
- Interpret: The "Graph Material Query" dialog could change the contour range, if multiple stages were picked in the dialog, and "copy" was pressed. Fixed.
- Modeler: Material properties dialog has better error checking when entering values like poisson ratio, angles and dilation parameters.
- Modeler: Files may be written incorrectly for staged joint properties. Load your file into this version, and re-save the file.
- Modeler: Mesh quality toolbar button.
- Compute: Execution priority can now be changed. Useful for running large jobs in the background, while you work with other programs.
- Interpret: Composite Liner data did not list all levels of the composite liner, when copied to the clipboard. Fixed.
- Interpret: Water Symbol Drawing Tool has been added.
- Interpret: Various preferences (Interpret->File-Preferences).
- Interpret: Delete Yield Line option has been added.
- Interpret: Objects that are right-clicked are now highlighted, for better visibility.
- Interpret: Context sensitive help in the dialogs.
- Interpret: EMF/WMF image files now export correctly.
- Interpret: Updated help.
- Interpret: Query All Nodes option automatically creates a point query at each node of the mesh, allowing the user to view the exact interpolated value of the currently contoured variable, at each node of the mesh.
- Interpret: Export Value At All Nodes (File menu), allows the user to export the exact interpolated value of the currently contoured variable at each node of the mesh, to a file.
- Improved license management for network versions.
- Improved look under WinXP.
- A new preferences dialog has been added to the file menu. Using the preferences dialog you can choose the new XP menu style and tabbed views. Tabbed views allow you to quickly change the view through tabs at the bottom of the screen.
- Modeler: Mapped Meshing would crash the program under certain circumstances. Fixed.
- Composite liners with slip, that span the intersection of a natural joint with an excavation now number the nodes differently. The numbering is such that the liners now span the joint and provide resistance to slip.
- Interpret: A bug in plotting composite liners with slip data has been fixed. Under certain circumstances garbage data was being plotted.
- Interpret: Fixed a bug on Win9x that the cursor would disappear when adding tools.
- Interpret: Drawing Tools now have an "Apply to All" for making all drawing tools have a similar appearance. (Right click on a tool and select "Format...")
- Interpret: A custom range in Contour Options was not always kept when switching between data types. Fixed.
- Interpret: Fixed link to manuals.
- Interpret: Fixed a bug in Boundary Queries.
- Model: The worst single element for each category is now hi-lighted with a different colour. (See Phase2->Mesh->Mesh Refinement)
- Model/Interpret: Cool XP style menu's on WinXP.
- Modeler: Staging of material properties for composite liner elements did not work properly. You could not harden or soften the various components. Fixed.
- Compute: Output data files of models with a number of different types of bolt elements (end anchored, fully bonded, cables) would not be written correctly. Fixed
- Modeler: Under very rare circumstances, tractions would not be applied to the last element along a line segment.
- Modeler: A bug with Undo/Redo was fixed.
- Modeler: Mapped meshing with quad elements would sometimes crash the program.
- Modeler: The status line and right-click context menu's were not updated correctly during edits.
- Modeler: You can now apply relative moves during editing by using the @ symbol when asked for a base point. For example, typing @10,20 for a base point would move the object 10 units in the x and 20 units in the y direction relative to the objects current position.
- Modeler: The Groundwater properties dialog now allows the user to copy the properties from a single material to any other material (instead of all other materials!) through the Copy To... option.
- Modeler/Interpret: Scale factors for tractions has been added back.
- Modeler/Interpret: Printer logic has been changed. Printers are now set up just before printing. This isolates a problem with printing to some HP printers due to a HP driver bug.
- Interpreter: Units for Cable and Split Set bolts are now correct when graphing and when using Show Values.
- Interpret: Tools have been improved.
- Interpret: Snap improved, now can use ORTHO and OSNAP modes similar to Autocad. Toggle them using the status bar.
- Interpret: Export Image now remembers last file type.
- Interpret: If grid and snap were enabled the cursor would disappear.
- Interpret: Defaults for tools (colors, font, line thickness etc.) can now be restored.
- Compute: Automatic load step calculation improved.
- Modeler: Load split is now applied to the pore pressures.
- Compute: Improved the iteration mechanism for the cable bolt model.
- Interpreter/Modeler: Printer is now initialized just before printing instead of when the program starts.
- Interpreter: A bug was fixed with printer setup.
- Interpreter: A new pencil tool has been added (Tools...Pencil).
- Interpreter: Custom ruler sizes now possible (View...Ruler).
- Interpreter: Recent directory list has been added (File...Recent Directory).
- Modeler: If a file had a title with a quote in it then the Compute Engine wouldn't run the file. This has been fixed. Just save the file in the modeler again.
- Modeler: A bug in the Groundwater Properties dialog would sometimes crash the program. Fixed.
- Modeler: Fixed a bug when custom load splitting was on for a material. If the split was initialized to 0 it was not being written to the file. This has been fixed.
- Modeler: If the custom load-split was on for a material, body forces were always being written to the file. Fixed.
- Modeler: Mesh quality statistics have been improved in the Infoviewer.
- Modeler: When using Mesh Quality, the worst quality element is now shown.
- Modeler: Fixed a bug in the auto update.
- Compute: Disk space is now displayed correctly.